Maddie's Pet Forum Admin
Posted August 08, 2019 at 08:09 AM Under "Everything else!"
What are your 3 goals for the next week?

Whether you're kicking off a new program, trying something new or you're just trying to hang in there, we'd love to hear your story!

• August 14, 2019 at 08:30 PM

Getting Blossom, a beloved long term shelter residenta forever home

teaching one of our senior dogs a new trick.

getting as many dogs adopted as possible.during the clear the shelters day

• August 13, 2019 at 01:58 PM

1. Move forward on my training library as much as is currently within my court to do so, 2. have a meeting with my manager about some development she has in mind for my professional growth (it's her idea but she's hard to pin down!) and 3. finish at least one of the books I'm currently reading about management.

• August 13, 2019 at 03:52 PM

What books are you reading? Looking for more good ones!

• August 13, 2019 at 04:06 PM

I just finished "What Got You Here Won't Get You There" by Marshall Goldman, I'm currently reading "Positive Leadership: Strategies for Extraordinary Performance" by Kim Cameron and a Maddie's published book about shelter metrics, and I'm waiting on two holds about staff training from the public library. ...I tend to overextend myself. But there are just so many things to read!!

• August 10, 2019 at 05:46 PM

1- I have two kittens that are ready for adoption, so I will promove them to get a nice family for them.

2- I will going to help the community shelther with some donations.

3- I will talk with some people and let them know how it works to be a Foster parent.

• August 09, 2019 at 11:41 AM

1. Get ready for Clear the Shelters.

2. Eat lunch (got this idea from KatieKN).

3. Communicate with at least 3 staff and volunteers each day to let them know how much I appreciate them and the work they do!

• August 09, 2019 at 08:34 AM

I'm a member of a newly formed animal advocate group. We are working with a local shelter building their foster programs, transport programs, playgroups and Doggie day out programs. As with everyone we struggle with finding fosters Any outreach to recruit ideas is welcomed!

• August 08, 2019 at 09:16 AM

1) Get as many of our long stay dogs into foster as possible, 2) Begin creating an online training for fosters, and 3) Actually eat lunch every single day

Close