Maddie's Pet Forum Admin

In our changing world, shelter & rescue groups often have a need to find volunteers who have specialized skills in addition to walking dogs and cleaning litter boxes. Things like marketing, social media, IT, and accounting are some skills that are highly sought after.

- What are some specialized skills that your organization is looking for this year?
- How do you go about finding the right people who have the skills you're looking for?

• Lu,ckyleo7    January 11, 2019 at 07:45 PM

We recruit retired school teachers to take a dog to school and read to the class

• Ogre's mom    January 17, 2019 at 01:55 PM

I have just volunteered to work as an educator for my shelter. What are some of the books which are read to classes? Any suggestions for other activities? How do you contact schools about availability? What grades are most open or appropriate? Please and thank you.

• Lu,ckyleo7    January 18, 2019 at 08:00 PM

Currently, we are going to schools Monday and fridays. We are reading to 6th grade students. The teacher picks the books. We take two dogs for the children to play with. I hope this helps you

• Keegan Spera    January 10, 2019 at 05:59 AM

Teaming up with a local school's business program/class or PR/Marketing program/class is a great way to access interns, campaign project assistance, social media influencers, etc.

Close