I'm trying to improve our shelter's inventory and ordering of supplies practices. I'm looking for advice on some of the following:
- How often do you do inventory count?
- Do you have more than 1 person doing inventory counts? If so, how do you ensure accuracy across the board and maintain a streamlined process?
- Do you use any software to track your inventory (i.e. cubex)? If so, what works/what doesn't?
- How do you track your inventory? (i.e. incoming/outgoing - when people check supplies out or when we get inventory delivered)
- Do you have any SOPS/protocols/tracking spreadsheets written up on inventory tracking that you'd be open to sharing?
- Any tips or advice to share that you’ve learned from your experiences?
Interim Animal Care Supervisor
Humane Society Silicon Valley