What is your approach to the challenges associated with dogs who have a bite history?
- Do you accept these dogs in your shelter/rescue?
- Do you have methods of evaluating the degree/severity of a previous bite?
- Are dogs with bite histories ever offered for adoption?
- Are dogs with bite histories transferred to rescues?
- How do you communicate issues to potential adopters?
Of course, these are just a few questions the come up around this topic. As shelters have started to take on more challenging behavior cases, many of us struggle with what to do about those dogs who have bitten in the past. Please share your approach, and feel free to add questions to this list.